Super Metro buses
Super Metro CEO Nelson Nduki has explained why the sacco’s buses are still in operation despite being suspended by the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA).
Speaking to one of the leading local digital publishers, the Super Metro CEO confirmed that their PSVs were still on the roads on Thursday, March 20, 2025, since they had already started the day’s operations before learning of the NTSA suspension.
“We learnt of the suspension today,” he said. “We can’t just halt operations all of a sudden because we have over 500 vehicles in the city. What will happen to our loyal customers if we cease operations?” he said.
Nduki while commenting on their next course of action, said he was still in consultations with stakeholders within the SACCO, but they were considering moving to the NTSA tribunal to plead their case.
NTSA suspends Super Metro
NTSA on Thursday morning announced the suspension of Super Metro’s license, citing several infringements from the sacco, among them being expired permits, speed-limiter issues, unqualified drivers, and labour-law breaches.
NTSA said 15 Super Metro buses had expired permits, while 109 drivers were found to have exceeded speed limits.
Staff contracts also came into question, with NTSA claiming the contracts breached labour regulations.
Over 300 Super Metro vehicles were also flagged for different speed limiter infractions, including expired certificates, while some vehicles were noted to have exceeded the required 80 kilometres – per – hour on highways.
Super Metro CEO condemns suspension
Nduki has, however, condemned what he described as an “unfair” treatment of the SACCO by the NTSA.
He argued that the Safety Authority should have cracked the whip on the specific public service vehicle that was non-compliant, not the entire SACCO.
“What I can say is that it is very unfair for the authority to issue a blanket suspension. This was an isolated incident involving a few vehicles,” Nduki said.
“We strongly condemn the suspension because not all of our vehicles committed the offence. You can’t just suspend an entire SACCO. We would understand if they suspended the involved parties, but a blanket suspension is uncalled for because we have always been compliant. We are probably the most compliant SACCO in the country.”
View Comments
Cancer still a big threat
pole sana mzee nakuombea mungu akupe avueni ya haraka?
May God give you strength mheshimiwa to overcome the pains & quick recovery Hon:sir.
Your Comments That is incitement to the highest order. The law should take it's course.
Who is Haji,.....,whose son is he....,from his family background can he be trusted to bring the corrupt to book.....how many has he brought to book apart from side shows...& the poor used victims ??
Keroche fight on
I watched it and to me it was nothing short of AWESOME 💥
Brian go go go go you are better than the alais of this nation. most of the political class especially in Nairobi are dirtier than you. wengine ni criminals and they just managed it. furthermore wahubiri tumewaona why should we close one eye.na zote zinafanya
Your Commentthats not enough siz let it be 1yr
uko smt